Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Women's Society at the Dairy Farm

While the Iinumas recover from their jetlag and also while we wait for the rest of our team to arrive from the states, we have been running errands preparing for our trip to Sendai.


We've been advised to be fully covered in long sleeves due to mosquito and fly infestations, hats to protect our heads, rubber gloves, rubber boots, ponchos, goggles, and masks. I am not a bit afraid of the manual labor we're going to be partaking in - I'm looking forward to it actually and can't wait. But the thought of doing it under the weight of all of these things in 90+ degrees is a bit daunting. Please pray for me that the holy spirit may overtake my physical needs and give me a heart of thankfulness even through the tough sweaty times, so that I may not complain but rejoice in being able to help!


We have been told by others who have recently volunteered to brace ourselves for some mental and sensory strain. With the summer heat, many things are starting to smell foul - beyond anyone's imagination - and bodies are starting to wash ashore. I'm trying to prepare myself spiritually and mentally ... But I'm always the type not to know what or how to feel until I'm in the situation itself. So, we'll see... Prayers all I got for now!

Anyway, yesterday, we visited a women's group that have been meeting for 80 years! Established originally by a renown 'Martha Stewart' of Japan who was a Christian, a group of homemakers and mothers have been meeting for 3 generations to share tips and topics to help them around the house and manage their families. Kaz and Akie had been ministering to them regularly when they were in Nasu a year ago, so I was happy to watch their kids while they met again today.


This little munchin stole my watch and my heart! So cute!


Lunch was a potluck of goodies from each of the ladies. All homemade, of course!


So good!! Markie - That's the rice Yuko made that one time, yeah?


We rested for a little bit and then headed out for a sushi belt dinner!


This egg custard with shitake mushrooms and shrimp was delish!


Look how many plates even just me, Cana, Miyu, and obaasan (grandma) ate! Oink oink!! :)





No comments: