Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Project Granny

At first I was so sad that I wasn't able to see my grandpa before he went Home. But now I realize God needed to send me to Korea at this specific time to be strength for my grandma. So, I will roll up my sleeves and serve her as she deserves to be served after diligently taking care of my bedridden grandpa for the past 10 years. As an ambassador of my family, I'm taking on this as my project to restore my grandma back to health and give her hope for a bright future!

Our first step was to get her out of the house as she hasn't ventured into Seoul in a long time. So, we headed to Okin Dong to see where they had started their lives and family together after the war ended. This was the church that stood in front of their first home.


This is where their second home once stood. A car once careened over that cliff once and fell onto their roof and almost killed my dad and his friend who was sleeping over!


This is the prestigious Kyong Bok High School that my dad attended. My grandparents were so proud of him!


Too bad he spent all his time running around playing sports...


And cutting class! Haha.


Then we headed to Insa Dong...


To eat all the foods she loves, like Pumpkin Yott - a traditional Korean candy. So good!!


And Hwe BiBim Neng Myun (spicy sashimi cold noodles).


And then went to Cheong Gye Cheon - a famous stream that runs through the city, which underwent an epic (and controversial) restoration in 2005.


And watched traditional street performers.


Project Granny has officially begun.

No comments: