Easy Medium Hard
Cook Time: 20 min
1. Base soup is important! Boil 2 cups of water, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 3 pieces of dashima (aka kombu in Japanese) for 5 minutes.
2. Remove the dashima. Stir in 5 tablespoons of gochujang (Korean chili paste), 1 tablespoon gochugaru (Korean chili flakes), 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and 1 tablespoons sugar.
3. Add sliced onion and carrots. Optional additions: Hard boiled egg, mushrooms, odeng (fish cakes), pork, dumplings, and/or SPAM!!
3. Add dduk (rice cakes) and green onions.
4. While you cook the dduk (rick cake), boil a pot of water and cook a package of lamyun (instant noodles) (just the noodles! Don't add the powder sauce!)
5. Drain and add to ddukbokki -- Now you have La-bokki!
6. Eat and Be Happy!