Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Last Day in Philippines

After spending 3 days in luxury, I can't help but to wonder what the locals must think of visitors like us... Were their lives better before or after tourism struck their shores? And I wonder... are visitors like me helping or worsening their lives and culture? ... I feel a little conflicted and at times a little guilty ... Hmm ...

While contemplating my moral compass, we traveled back to Manila - hotel shuttle to ferry boat to motor plane to private shuttle bus - minus the 2hr wait in the airport this time. We headed to Chris' apartment and then to a mall to have lunch with Chris and Jaymee.


Philippino cuisine! Can't get enough of that garlic rice!


After a much needed nap, we had a few drinks to pre-celebrate Chris and Jaymee's union. Bong made it in from Hong Kong too! Junto's body language says, "Bong, get off of me..." hahaha.


Cheers to you, Chris! Congrats buddy.


Boracay and Manila was great. I'm glad you all talked me into going - it was so good to be goofy with everyone and get together with friends who are now oceans away.


Until next time... Peace! :)




No comments: