Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Packing For Sendai

On Sunday afternoon, we will be heading to a small village in Miyagi that's been overlooked by the media. The last two days we've been shopping and preparing materials for the trip. So, we hit up the "100 Yen" store. The dollar stores in the states are pretty useful, but the Japanese version is o.m.g. awesome. They have e-v-e-r-y-thing! For 100 yen! My favorite part was the lunch box section where there were so many colorful little lunch boxes and cartoony toothpicks and even these little bitty refillable squeeze bottles for packing soy sauce! And of course everything was so cute.


We bought all the equipment for our entire team for about $50!


To be honest, I'm a little weary about working in the hot (~90 C) sun with all this on bc I think I will want to take things off to be more efficient... But it's for safety, so I will do my best! Please pray with us that we will be helpful to this village and that we will be safe - spiritually, emotionally, and physically. This is me with all the full package on!


Upon Miyu's request, Kaz's dad made us his special Japanese curry...


And I got to play sous chef!


I think everyone had their own house tricks and family secrets to their curry. For example, I use chunky fatty pork (sam kyup sal). On the contrary, Kaz's dad uses really thinly sliced pork. So yummy! Itadakimasu!


Oyasime! (Good night!)

No comments: