Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Last Day with Grandma

When I got back from Philippines, my grandma looked weak again. Oh dear. So, I got back in the kitchen and made her more hearty food and pour my love into it again. She needed another boost! Now that I knew my way around her kitchen and through her unique haha storage system, I did all that I could to make one last push for her to regain her strength.


I made mandoo gook (dumplings soup) for lunch and pac even packed a set for her friend from the 2nd floor came up.


Spending this time with my grandma in Korea was invaluable. There's just no other time or way this could have been possible. I had no idea, but God knew all along. Growing up, I was always a little sad that I never really had the deep relationship others have with their grandparents. But of course, God doesn't let a single thing drop on the floor unaddressed.

Though my grandparents may not have witnessed my growth year on year from childhood to adulthood - I believe God gave me the chance to share with my grandma the benefits of the harvest. All these little things I developed through the years, like the joy of cooking and the art of cleaning haha - who would have thought this is where it would be used?

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. (Proverbs 16:9)

No comments: