Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Early Departure

Unfortunately, on Saturday, July 2, 2011, I received terrible news that my grandfather passed away. I was terribly sad because I was scheduled to be in Korea in mid-July to see him. Unable to fight back my tears, but believing that God's timing is always perfect in all things - I packed up and made arrangements to meet my dad in Korea.

Before heading out, we went to church service at Kaz's family church in Nasu. They were so incredibly sweet - I couldn't believe it. They had prepared a separate order of worship for us in English, had prepared English hymns and bibles for us to read, and had coordinated with Kaz in advance so that he could be our translator through the service and sermon earpieces. The Japanese hospitality cannot be surpassed. There is so much to be learned from their graciousness and tremendous ability to always think of others' comfort and needs. Just amazing...


As we waited for Tim to join the team in Nasu that day, I said goodbye and headed back to Tokyo.


After a restful night at the Nakatomi's, I headed to Narita Airport.


I had one last bowl of cold soba and got on the plane.


So much was left undone and unsaid ... Here is Japan and also with my grandpa ... But I have to believe there is a higher reason for all things - beyond our human understanding ... And move forward believing that God is in control and his Will will be done in the way he has planned it.

I am believing that though I won't be joining my team in Sendai, God will use me in Korea for another purpose. I'm sure he has a bigger purpose for me in this time. Where he sends me, I will follow.

I Will Follow - Chris Tomlin
All your ways are good, all your ways are sure,
I will trust in you alone.
Higher than my side, high above my life,
I will trust in you alone.

Where you go, I'll go.
Where you stay, I'll stay.
When you move, I'll move.
I will follow you.

Who you love, I'll love.
How you serve, I'll serve.
With this life, I lose,
I will follow you.

Light unto the world, light into my life,
I will live for you alone.
You're the one I seek, knowing I will find,
All I need in you alone.

Where you go, I'll go.
Where you stay, I'll stay.
When you move, I'll move.
I will follow you.

Who you love, I'll love.
How you serve, I'll serve.
With this life, I lose,
I will follow you.

In you is life ever lasting,
In you there's freedom for my soul.
In you there's joy - unending joy!
I will follow.

Where you go, I'll go.
Where you stay, I'll stay.
When you move, I'll move.
I will follow.

Who you love, I'll love.
How you serve, I'll serve.
With this life, I lose,
I will follow you...

No comments: