Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Boracay Feast

While chilling on the beachfront, snacks, drinks, food, towel, football, you name it - everything and anything is just a request away... The staff at Discovery was so nice that I felt bad! You jump in the pool and they come fold your shirt. You walk through the lobby and they come sweep the sand that fell from your feet. You take off your sunglasses and they wipe your lenses. My goodness... I felt so bad! Plus, as a group, we must have eaten at least half their supply of mangos in 3 days!


We had this seafood sampler as our afternoon snack as we worked on our tans and took turns getting full body massages :) This is pretty tanned for me! Watch out - I'm gonna be REALLY tanned after Thailand! :)


For our last dinner in Boracay, we headed to D'Talipapa where there is an open fish market. Lobsters were crawling, fish were flapping, random things were squirming, and oh man, everyone was shouting and screaming. We decided the best way to tackle this was to split up with assigned specimen and meet at the restaurant that would be cooking it all up for us!


Miki and I were tasked with prawns, crabs, and veggies. I even pulled out the old 'name a price and walk away' trick and brought it down a few pesos! This is an impressive feat for me because I am THE worst haggler - ever!


Jason, dan, and ski picked up lobsters, tuna, and razor clams. We walked over to Plato D'Boracay Resto ...


and had them curry it, fry it, steam it, boil it, sautéed it, and stew it ... YUMMY!


Junto and Sandy finally found us and joined us for the feast. Except for the lobster head soup and the warm beers, I think we pretty much finished everything off!


Man, we're never as happy as when we're full after a meal!

P.s. We learned that 'Boracay' is pronounced Barrack-Aiii, not Bora-Kayyy.

No comments: