Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Up in the Air

After a year on the road living out of a suitcase from client site to client site, I've decided to cash in all my frequent flier points and spend some personal time traveling in APAC this summer.


In true Type A consultant spirit, I've created a bulleted list of objectives for my 2011 summer sabbatical:

  • Discover: Unveil my own limits, desires, abilities, inabilities, potential, and dreams
  • Reflect: Evaluate where I've been, where I am, where I'm going, and where I want to be
  • Connect: Touch and be touched by God

I'm relieved to be taking this golden God-given opportunity to take a breather - from work, from life, from myself.  I'm blessed to have the chance to share some of God's love and compassion for Japan, a nation that is hurting and in need of hope.  I'm excited to see friends, family, and parts of my childhood, which has become a loose string of fuzzy segmented memories.  I'm eager to take on new adventures and earmark new memories.  I'm salivating at the thought of the copious amounts of delicious food I will consumer along the way.

But with all that said, I have to admit that I'm (a little) nervous about the unknowns of what I'll come back to... But you know what??  It's all gonna be okay.  I'm gonna close my eyes and dive in.  No regrets.  No crazy plans.  Just go with the flow and take it all in...

Thank you all for all your encouragement, advice, and prayers!  See you soon :)