Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sunny Day in Sydney

I prayed for sun, and so it was! :)

Since it was my last day in Australia, I started the day with what else - Aussie meat pie from Pie Face, a chain. To my sad disappointment, mixed into the delicious minced mystery meat was ... Lamb, which I do not like. But it was great to have one last meat pie anyway.


(Note to self: I have GOT to find a good recipe for these babies! Now that the taste is so fresh in my mind, I'm determined to find the right recipe!)


Then, I walked across the Harbour Bridge...





For a fantastic view of the harbor!


Wow!


Walked by some Aborigine street performers...


To have lunch with Joanne at the Blu Restaurant...


And then headed to the Royal Botanic Garden. There weren't a lot of flowers since it's winter in Australia, but the sprawling trees were massive and breathtaking...


I hung out with some cockatoos...


And headed to the McM... (will check name again later) Chair to catch the sunset...





And lastly, though I decided against surfing lessons, I did still take the ferry out to Manly Beach!





Kids don't care how cold it is! The beach is the beach! Play on!


I love the sound of waves crashing... Probably one of my most favorite sounds...


Just beautiful!


I had one last Korean dinner with James on Pitt St, but to my sadness and I'm sure his joy, I forgot my camera :( Australia was a great time and I was so lucky to have had James to help me navigate and have a roof over my head. I'll definitely have to come back for surfing and the Great Barrier Reef - so, goodbye for now Australia! See you again soon!

2 comments:

Jason Chow said...

Hello! Its Jason. Totally forget that I should be checking the BLOG!

Good stuff but for some reason the pictures aren't loading..

Jason Chow said...

ok looks like they are loading now!