Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Great Ocean Drive

Oh man, I am exhausted! But it was worth it. Completely worth it...

This morning, though it was a little cloudy, I rented a car...


(Looks like a car commercial, eh? It's actually a teeny Nissan Tiida)
Grabbed a map...


And embarked on the Great Ocean Drive - a famously scenic drive going west from Melbourne, ending in Adelaide.


My goal was to make the 4-5hr drive in time to get to the 12 Apostles by sunset. Thanks for the great idea, MrChiu!

So, I drove... On the left side of the road, sitting on the right side of the car...


Along the coast,


Through the woods,


Through the hills,


By the Erskine waterfalls,


And through Farmlands,


To get this photo:


Wow. Wow. Just wow. It really took my breath away. The 12 Apostles. What an appropriate name for such a creation. They were massive and strong. They stood tall and proud. Looking into the horizon into the eyes of their Father and Creator. Day and night.

On the drive back to Melbourne, I kept thinking - God, you created all of these things. The green pastures, the sheep, the cattle, the trees, and the birds in them. This is all yours. You are an amazing God who loves all of his creatures whom You created with your own hands, breath, and love - without end and without exception. To be counted as one of your beloved... Among all your creations... Though I may fail you repeatedly - far more than these simple animals... I am honored and humbled by your love and grace.

Thank you, Jesus for loving me and showing me your glorious designs. A true artist you are!

No comments: