Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hello Sydney!

I flew into Sydney early in the morning, rented a car (with GPS - thank God), and checked into the Sydney Marriott.


The view from my room - that's Sydney Tower!


After a quick nap, I headed out to our old church, Sydney Central Presbyterian Church. The whole drive there was completely unfamiliar and I started questioning whether or not the church was still the same church... But then, I drove up to the church and the fuzzy memories started to get clearer and i was met with a wave of unexpected emotions.


Wow! Mom, dad, Hoek - remember this? I'll show you more pictures and videos when I come home. Man, what a weird feeling!


I remembered the Christmas ballet performances we had haha on that stage...


Isaac, Sammy, me, Eun Jung, and Eun Hee (Eunice)!


Oppa - Isaac and Sammy remember you and say hello!


And EunJung has 3 kids now!


Wow... What a great chance it was to revisit such a significant cornerstone of my childhood. Everything pretty much stayed the same except they expanded and there's no more grass. And if that wasn't enough, I met up with Dr.Kim!


The minute I saw him I started bawling! In my heart I remembered how much Dr.Kim had loved me as a kid - he was like my god father. I felt such a surge of regret and deep guilt that I hadn't kept in touch with him at all over the 20 yrs... We ran out of time so we ended up just chatting in the car for a while - holding hands and sharing what we could about the last two decades of life with the limited time we had together. He told me he kept my picture in his wallet for 10 yrs after we left :"""""( Dr.Kim loved me like I was his own daughter - and said he still did today. Oh what a blessing to have reunited with him!


Then I went to the Ku's house for their Sunday supper. Mrs.Ku cooked a delicious dinner and we shared good stories and laughs together. It's really fascinating ... After all these years, to meet people who knew me in a life I barely remember. Our family was so clearly loved in Australia! God - thank you for showing us love and bringing us together with wonderful people throughout our lives and all over the world. Thank you for watching over us and blessing us, every step of the way. Thank you for this opportunity to show that to me in this way.

1 comment:

지훈 said...

여행 잘 하고 있어? ^^
시드니에 도착했나보다. 어렸을때 지성이와 이모와 함께 시드에 갔었던게 기억나네. 지성이하고 다투기도 하고 수영장도 가고 놀러도 많이 가고 맛있는것도 먹고.... 정말 좋았던 것이 많았는데...호경이 한테는 더 좋았던게 많겠지? ^^ Have a nice trip~~~~ ^^