Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I made it! And so did my luggage!

I guess all the flying for work over the years was good training for my journey over the Pacific these past two days. The flight wasn't as bad as I had braced myself for. It went by rather painlessly, actually. I had planned on taking some melatonin, which was a great idea in theory ... had I not packed them in my suitcase and checked my bag ... But that's ok - I slept just fine without it anyway :)

So, all i did for about 20 hours was eat and sleep, eat and sleep, eat and sleep - and it was GREAT. I don't know why people complain about airplane food, because c'mon, you're sitting/sleeping in a chair and with just a word like "chicken", you have a full plate of hot food complete with dessert and drink. You don't even have to do the dishes. Living like a king!!






Mileage count to-date: 11,000 miles
JFK --> L.A. ...


L.A. --> Sydney ...


Sydney --> Melbourne!





(Sorry, I missed the 'Welcome to Melbourne' sign...)

Then, once in Melbourne James and i grabbed a panini at a cafe on DeGraves Street and walked around the Central Business District.








Thanks, James for a wonderful kick off to my Aussie visit!

Location:Melbourne,Australia

3 comments:

purim said...

So glad you got there safe and wasn't a harsh flight!!!! I am bored at work so post lots pics and more and I will write you a comment for each one of them! Love ya p

김지훈 said...

한글도 보이지? ㅋㅋㅋ
나만 한글로 쓰려나^^
긴 여행이 시작 되었네..난 언제 이런 여행을 할 수 있으려나...즐겁고 행복한 여행이 되길 바란다 호경아^^
맛있는것도 많이 먹고 휴식도 많이 취하고 친구들과도 좋은 추억만들고 와~ 한국에서 기다리고 있을게~ ^^

한국에서 지훈^^

Calvin said...

have so much fun there ㅋㅋ (dong wook)
and will soon meet here but this year summer come so fast than ever before even with rainy season begun already. so you will be safe from the rain when you get here.

- dong wook oppa-