Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Girls Club!

You know how in the NY subway platform, you see these silly tourists taking pictures of the rail and subway cars? Well, I was totally that tourist - in Tokyo yesterday. Haha.


And on the subway too haha.


I took the Ginza Line to Shibuya to meet Rosie for lunch!


Of course, I had to take a picture of the crazy swarm of Asians at the Shibuya intersection.


For old times sake, Rosie and I decided to meet at dear old Hachiko :)


And walked around for a bit before deciding to have a light luncheon in a really quaint place that let us quietly catch up on all that's been going on since College. Oh, it was so wonderful to see Rosie!


With a creamy mushroom fondu with fresh veggies...


And then walked over to Tokyu to grab dessert!


Oh mochi, I love you! I tried Tokoroten for the first time (upper left) - it's kind of like a ... dessert-version soba noodle! Haha. The sauce is a vinegar/soy sauce base! So unexpected for a dessert! And the noodles are kind of like a set gelatin ... texture is like shark fin. Very fun go eat!

Afterwards, I walked around in Tokyu through their Food Dept. There's such a huge endless delicious selection of food, delicacies, desserts, sweets, etc. etc. Always bustling and always smelling so great!


Then I met Tomoko and went to Ebisu for some more quality girl time at The Garden Place.


And then met Miki for dinner at Isola.


I said, let's eat something I can't eat in America - so we had pizza with baby sardines and seaweed!! Haha. It was so good! Perfectly salty on a stone oven-baked crust.


Then we met up with Ski for drinks in Roppongi and then back to Akasaka. It was such a great day :) since I've been to Tokyo before, it's just been great to be able to focus on catching up with friends and sharing life together in this fun city!

No comments: