Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Partying & Eating

The remainder of August really flew by! There are still some days I can't believe that just a few weeks ago I was biking through narrow back alleyways in Bangkok... The shock of going back to work and sitting in a chair for 10hrs has been ... Shocking. Haha. But I actually feel a notable difference in my attitude about a lot of things in my day to day life, and it's been really wonderful and enlightening continuing to grow into this new mental state and perception. I just feel so thankful for everything... And I feel so light and happy! Life feels good. It feels good to be living life :)

Annnnyway, I went to my friend Lakshmi's wedding. It was my first Indian wedding! So interesting and so colorful!








I curled my hair and drove on the right side of the road :)


Then there was an earthquake in NYC. Incredible! Earthquake in NYC!? And not just an earthquake, a hurricane too!! This summer I really got to see mother nature at her extreme... Flash floods in Seoul, deep freeze in Australia, typhoons in Japan, and now all this chaos in NYC.

All the grocery stores were getting cleaned out! Everyone stocked up on canned food, bottled water, batteries, flashlights, anything they could get their hands on.


Mark's apt turned into a refugee camp for our friends who were forced to evacuate. So glad we were able to take them in! Luckily there was little to no damage in NYC. Areas around NYC in NJ and NY got some flooding and my mom's car drowned... But overall, we were prepared but unharmed. Here's Katie reenacting what we thought it was going to be like. Haha.


We had to postpone little Masa's birthday party due to Hurricane Irene, but no matter! When we did get together, we still partied out - ninja style!!


Omg I love my little kiddies!!! They loved all the ninja lego stuff Chiaki and Mark picked out :) Masa even wore his new ninja head thingy to bed!


Happy 5th Birthday, Masa!


We love you!!




3 comments:

calvin said...

see...even blue color looks good on you. keep trying to wear colorful dress~

calvin said...

say hello to your Mark!

Michelle said...

Haha - I'm trying to wear more colors but now that i'm back in NYC, where everyone wears black and white, it's so hard!! I actually wore a bright GREEN dress to that wedding!! :) I wanted to make you & Gina proud. Heehee.