Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Lazy Soba

Easy Medium Hard
Cook Time: 10 min

This is terrible, but I really haven't cooked since I've returned to the States.  I think I'm still in the process of summoning the energy to make anything elaborate.  I guess after eating out for 3 months, I just got used to buying meals off foodcarts or ordering off a menu.  Haha.  I promise to try harder this week!

The furthest I got this week was making Lazy Soba.  Hey - In my own defense, it wasn't SUPER lazy because I had to make my own soba sauce since I didn't have any instant stuff in the bottle.  AND - I cut up seaweed.  Thank you.
1. Boil water and soba noodles according to instructions (usually 4 minutes)
2. Rinse noodles thoroughly in cold water
(Mom's Tips: Really scrub the goop off the noodles, not just run cold water on the noodles.  Makes it extra chewy and gives a clean taste.)



3. If you have the instant bottled stuff, use it
4. If you don't:
- 5 parts yamaki shiro-dashi (middle bottle; aka Japanese seasoning soy sauce)
- 1 part soy sauce
- 2 part kotteri mirin (aka sweet mirin)
- 2 parts water



5. If you want to be fancy, cut up some dried seaweed, shave some daikon, dice some scallions



6. Eat and Be Happy!




No comments: