Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Hanging with the Moores

Meeting Ha and Arthur in Khao Lak was one of my greatest blessings of this trip. Even meeting Ha at the front desk in the first place was such a coincidence, since she usually works the back office. What a great gift they were to my trip to Thailand. I never thought I could build such a warm and meaningful friendship with anyone in just a few days! They were just wonderful people - God's gift to me. I can't put it into words...


They took me to eat all sorts of Thai foods that I could never have discovered or eaten on my own!


Like Thai 'hot pot'!


And seafood at their favorite local restaurant on Bangsok Beach, Bangsok Garden.


But more importantly, over dinners and drinks, we shared even our deepest most personal stories of our pasts, our families, our struggles, our hopes, and our dreams. It was a very special time we shared together. I'm not sure I will ever experience something like that again in my lifetime... I don't know if it was because they were perfect strangers whose hearts I could feel were genuine, but it was so natural and so mutual. There was no judgement, no prejudism, no expectations. We really opened our hearts up to one another. It was amazing that I was able to share God's love with them in such an honest way. It was just lovely. All of it.


Arthur with his colorful stories of traveling and experiencing the world, seeking his dreams and living life to the fullest! Ha with her beautiful gracious heart, amazingly talented in all that she ever tries, and full of compassion and joy for those all around her. Each night we couldn't get enough! They really touched my heart - and I hope I touched theirs too.


Every night we stayed up late chatting away. And each morning when I left to go on my daily excursions, Ha would be waiting for me at the front desk. She even packed me rambutans for my day trip to the jungle! And every day I returned, she would be there - warm hug ready :) No wonder here colleagues call her Mama Ha.


On my last day, we were so sad to say goodbye. But I hope we can meet again some day. I hope to meet their daughter Cloe, and share more laughs and more stories of what God has done in our lives since we first met.


Thank you God for blessing me with friendships wherever I go. Thank you for answering yet another prayer I prayed before I left - to introduce me to people who may not be Christian, but whom you love as your children regardless and through which I can see your hand and presence - whether they may know it (yet) or not. You are truly faithful to my every need, God. There is no one like you. Thank you.

No comments: