Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Journey to Paradise

After saying bye to eemo and jiisung at 6:30am, I hopped on the airport bus shuttle to Incheon Airport. After this seriously not delicious meal (sweet pork with angel hair pasta... and kimchi?!)...


I found myself in Hong Kong! Haha. It wasn't written on my itinerary but I guess I got to go to HK after all :)


I learned a little bit about HK's history before hopping on another plane to Bangkok.


Every minute?! Can I be next?


This was fairly decent... I mostly ate it for sustenance. I think that first class meal back from Philippines ruined me for life...


Hello Bangkok! Bye Bangkok! See you next week after Khao Lak and Krabi! (BTW, it was raining like crazy in Bangkok... Which made nervous about conditions in Khao Lak... But hey, you just gotta roll with the punches and make lemonade where you can :) right? Plus, no sake in getting all worked up before you know what'll be served anyway).


When I landed in Phuket - I silently had my second freak out moment of my summer escapades. (The first was in Philippines when I couldn't find my friends and didn't know where to go, so ended up taking a cab to Sofitel and miraculously getting in touch with Jason/Ski through Dan's email that I accessed through the hotel's wifi). The check-in lady in Seoul had told me to pick up my luggage in Phuket, so I hadn't gone to baggage check in Bangkok... But the more I thought about it, I thought that was peculiar because you usually have go to go through the country's customs at the first point of entry... Uh oh. I had also forgotten to put a luggage tag on my duffel bag... Uh oh. En route to baggage claim I rationed that hey, if it's not at baggage claim, I'll just go to the resort and figure it out. And I prayed. Haha. And ta-da! Out come my shiny (now scratched up) samsonite rolly suitcase. Yay! :)


동욱 오빠 - I'm so glad you were able to help me book that hotel shuttle! Because man, it was chaotic when I got out! Haha. It was like a herd of deer in headlights exited the airport to greet a sea of ravings horse track bookies. Haha it was great. And it was raining! Hallelujah, I had finally escaped the rain.


1.5hr later, I arrived ...


JW Marriott in Khao Lak. Hello. I am so happy to see you.


Oh my ... Having platinum status seriously means something at destination resorts. Especially during low season :) Even at night I can tell I got the best room in the house!


Even my own porch with private entrance into their pool!


Hello Mr.Elephant! Thank you for your kind welcome.


Oh dear... I killed him... :(


Haha ok more pictures in the morning!

1 comment:

calvin said...

what a lovely food & you are !!!
how diligent you are :)