Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

NYC: A Different Kind of Korean

Korilla
Various locations (Truck Finder)
$$$$
Very Casual
Recommend: Porkinator Burrito



As you may know, to some people's excitement and to others' chagrin, there is a food truck craze skidding across America.  I think it's fantastic.  I love that meals on wheels is giving culinary entrepreneurs a chance.  While I was away, Allie had mentioned the Korilla BBQ truck.  So, I stalked them down for dinner in Union Square.


Unfortunately, they were out of the pork option "Porkinator", so Mark and I each got the "Ribeye of the Tiger" burrito ($7) haha.  Love the names.  (Edit: I went back a few weeks later with Allie and ate the Porkinator with veggies and it was AWESOME).


We forgot to order it with veggies, but tried the Korean Spicy and the Korilla BBQ sauces.  I preferred the Korilla BBQ sauce, but both were DELICIOUS.


Only thing is, after I devoured my burrito I longed for another... They're a little on the small size.  Probably 70% size of a Chipotle burrito.  I tried to get a free hug instead, but I couldn't find a female hugger.  Sad!  Next time...  :)


Anyway, everyone should try a burrito from the Korilla truck.  Really yummy!  BTW, we were all pronouncing it Korilla (like Gorilla), but Dalen had a great point: maybe it's supposed to be Korilla (like Kor + illa like Torilla = Sounds like Korea!)  Man, that's clever.  Seriously, clever :)

No comments: