Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Snowboarding Cap

We had our first visit to Hunter Mountain this season yesterday!  We, of course, made our traditional morning Micky D's sausage-egg-cheese McGriddle stop and then headed straight to the mountain. (Apologies for no picture of actual meal... again, scarfed it down before remembering to take picture haha...).  Actually, I have to admit that I have never seen the Golden Arches seared on the top of a McGriddle because I've always scarfed it down so fast!  I didn't even know the delicious syrup-filled top bun masterpiece was branded until I googled it hahaha!  We love McGriddles so much that, in fact, once we refused to eat breakfast for the duration of a 2 hour drive until we finally found a McDonald's.  We're very serious about our McGriddle tradition here.  I mean, look at these things!  How can you not want one?  They look almost as good as they taste...  but the taste - it's heavenly.  Where else can you get 560 calories in a 5oz bundle of fatty love?


Snow conditions were actually impressive for NY/NJ - the least amount of ice patches I've seen in a while.  Can't wait for VT next week!  Looks like we're headed to Okemo Mountain.
 (Everything was covered in snow, so looked like Narnia)

So, after a nice day of snowboarding what does a hungry lil Korean girl want?  Ddukboki and Odeng, of course!  We were in a rush to get back to the city and return the car by the 9PM deadline (which, we sadly missed by 4 minutes, by the way), so we made a quick pitstop at Cap Udon in Palisades Park, NJ.  Maybe if I hadn't ordered a feast for 8 people instead of 4, we could've made it back in time... oh well.  Was totally my fault, but it was worth it!

Korean tidbit: "Cap" is meant to be a phonetic translation for "Kep," which in Korean means awesome, da bomb, numero uno, da bestest.  Cap Udon is a "boon shik jip," which pretty much means, casual cheap eats joint. 
Cap Udon
198 Broad Avenue
Palisades Park, NJ 07650
(201) 461-9977

Maindishes, Clockwise from Upper Left: Cheese Lamyun, Bibimbap, Omurice
Shared Dishes from Top to Bottom: YooBuChoBap, Ddukboki, Kimbap (tuna and mixed)

Then, as if this wasn't enough food, I couldn't suppress my craving for Odeng, so I had to order it...
 

But I'm so glad I did, because it was delicious and I was happy :)  Happy Snowboarding season, everyone!

1 comment:

Andrea Gadson said...

Although, you were late getting back to the car drop off, were you at least able to get a take home bag so you could savor some of the meal again the next day?