Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Sweet Valentine!

Oh, what a week it's been!  Life always has a way of going from 0 to 100 in a blink of an eye...  But what's most important -- I don't care if what I say makes you barf -- is taking the time to appreciate the memorable events in between blinks ;)

This Valentine's Day was the sweestest I've ever had!  MrMC and MrN cooked us an Italian FEAST!  Everything from scratch!  Even the tomato sauce!  When the idea was suggested, I seriously thought we would be having curry for dinner - MrMC's House Special, which I have no qualms with because you know I love curry.  But lo and behold, an exceptionally delicious 6-course Italian family style dinner.  (I'm not exaggerating).  Complete with champagne, Godiva chocolate covered strawberries, and espressos.  My goodness - I was so impressed!  They were cooking with all sorts of fancy techniques that I must admit, I have never had the patience to even do myself!  They roasted peppers and PEELED THEM.  Umm, I buy them in jars.

They blanched grape tomatoes, peeled them, and MASHED THEM.  Umm, I buy them in cans. 

They were being so fancy that they totally put my kitchen skills to shame!  All their hard work and effort made me feel so cherished and loved :)  I would take a lovingly cooked meal over an expensive fancy dinner out, any day.  Hands down.  Love tastes a thousand times better than dollars!
 

Thanks for an oh-so-special & delicious Valentine's Day, MrMC & Mr&MrsN!  (Extra thanks for my yellow roses - my favvvv!)  You always know how to make me smile :)  Cheers!

No comments: