Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Super Dinner Rolls

Sorry I've been away for so long - but I'm back!  I just looked at the clock and realized it was daylight savings today!  Spring Forward!  Growing up, my dad was the keeper of the clocks in our house.  But now that I'm out, if it wasn't for wireless devices that update automatically, I don't know if I would ever know about daylight savings.  Thanks iPhone!

It's 9:30, but it feels like 8:30, so I'm just gonna cut to the chase... My colleague described this recipe to me and I made it to my liking and I liked it A LOT.  It's super easy and quick!  It's a bit too simple for dinner or lunch, but it would be great for breakfast or an after-school snack!

Cook-to-Eat-to-Be-Happy Time: 20 minutes
Difficulty: 1 2 3 4

NOTE: Feel free to try your own combo of ingredients.  Spinach, ham, broccoli... all sound yummy!  Think Hot Pockets... whatever you've seen in a Hot Pocket would taste great in these!

1. While your oven is preheating to 350 degrees, fry your ingredients to make the "stuffing"

2. Lightly flour your surface
3. Roll out your dough; gently push any perferations in the dough together to form one large sheet of dough
4. Distribute the stuffing evenly
(4b.) I forgot to sprinkle the cheese here haha - but you should do that.  I forgot, so I sprinkled it on top, which was ok-ay, but I think it would taste better sprinkled inside for the best cheesy effect!

5. Roll it up

6. Cut it up
7. Place onto lightly greased baking sheet

 
8. Pop them in the oven for 10 minutes (or until slightly brown around the edges) and wallah!  (I had to top mine with cheese, so you can't see the delicious bacon pieces - but trust me - these were YUMMY)
9. Eat & Be Happy!

No comments: