Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

IKEA: I Kwikly Eat All

What in the world… Did you know that IKEA was founded in 1943 by a 17-year-old boy in Sweden?! Did you know that I.K.E.A = Ingvar Kamprad (his name) + Elmtaryd (the farm he grew up on) + Agunnaryd (his home parish in South Sweden)? When I was 17, I was cutting class to shoot pool and hang out at diners. Maybe I should’ve spent more time thinking about how to make furniture out of composite wood that would fit in a flat box…
I felt that it was finally time to get my TV off the floor. So this weekend, the two sweetest and strongest boys in my life, my brother (urbanclay) and MrMC, took me to IKEA to finally buy a TV stand/bookshelf/storage system. Woop! Woop! But before we got down to furniture-business, first thing was first: FOOD. Have you ever been to the IKEA cafeteria?! It was my first time, and boy – by the time I got to the register, my tray was packed with enough food to feed a small village. If you haven’t been – you must. All this for $12! In NYC! Unbelievable…

("I just want a lil mac'n'cheese..." turned into this! I ate...)

... and I was happy! Ta-da! Finally, a home for my shiny TV :)

No comments: